Saturday, November 19, 2011

What are good introductory texts on general relativity?

I have an MSci degree in mathematics and physics but my course did not offer any modules covering general relativity. Could someone reccommend a few books that are good texts to get started in this area? I already have good knowledge of tensors and special relativity. Also I would prefer something that leaned to the mathematical side of things. Thanks.|||I took GR last semester and I found these two books to be invaluable. Considering you are good with tensors you should have no problem picking this up. Have fun! If you have any questions send me an email.|||Another good book is "Gravitation" by Misner, Throne, and Wheeler. It is more comprehensive rather than introductory but definitely a good book on GR.

No comments:

Post a Comment