Saturday, November 19, 2011

Where to get Best source for understanding Theory of Relativity?

I want to understand theory of relativity, but none explain exactly. Please explain me or tell source where can I understand theory of relativity easily.


NOTE :- Prerequisite is only basic physics required for understanding your explanation.|||A very VERY small percentage of post doctoral physicists really understand General Relativity. Special relativity looks fairly straightforward - it only needs a simple first order algebraic equation to do its calculations - but the implications are not so easy to really understand. I think you should be satisfied with analogies and simple calculations. Your understanding will not be very far reaching , but at least you will have a chance to get some idea of what is going on.|||There are hundred of books, many good ones, many bad ones by people who repeat without understanding.


For a recent one of the highest quality and requiring very little prerequisites (but demanding that you truly use your brain) I would say, "It's about time" by N. David Mermin.


(That's for the special theory. You can't learn the general theory without much more maths)|||I liked this book:





http://www.amazon.com/Road-Reality-Compl…





Took me half a year to read it, and I gave up on the math, but at least now, I have a much clearer picture of what it is that I don't know about general relativity and quantum physics. Oddly, the book barely even mentions special relativity, but like the other folks said, there's lots of places you can look for that information.|||Try Wikipedia





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_rel…

No comments:

Post a Comment