Saturday, November 19, 2011

Why should electrical engineering majors take special relativity?

I'm pursuing a degree in EE. There is a general requirement for the degree to take a class that is half optics, half special relativity. I understand why I should take the optics class, but why would every electrical engineer need to learn special relativity. It seems to me that if you actually need to use it, you'll be working with something very specialized to begin with.|||Matt is correct, to create a well rounded engineer, you need to study many areas. EE will study MEing and vis-versa|||Well I found for a lot of my first year of engineering degree the stuff you learned was important but I think a lot of it had to do with thinking like an engineer. If you can wrap your mind around relativity you can wrap your mind around pretty much anything else. They're just teaching you to think in a sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment